The Midwest Business Group on Health (MBGH), one of the nation's leading business groups of private and public employers, selected the officers for its Board of Directors.
“We’re at a tipping point for the future of health care in the United States and employers and providers must work more closely together as a collective group to adapt in this changing environment,” said Tom Sondergeld, Vice President Global Benefits & Mobility, Walgreens Boots Alliance, and MBGH Board Chair. “Through MBGH we’ll be working to focus programs and energy to better manage where the greatest health care dollars are spent to improve the quality and value of health care. We’re all in it together and if we don’t try to manage it together, we’ll never make headway.”
The elected officers to MBGH’s board:
- Chair – Tom Sondergeld, Vice President Global Benefits & Mobility, Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Vice Chair – Cara McNulty, Head of Population Health & Team Member Wellness, Target Corporation
- Secretary – Sandra Morris, President, About Quality Benefits Design LLC
- Treasurer – Jason Parrott, Manager of Healthcare Strategy & Policy, The Boeing Company
Also newly elected to the MBGH board:
- Tara Lahiti, Area Vice President, Kaiser Permanente
- Rebecca Lueken Stewart, Strategic Market Director, Johnson & Johnson
- Carol Partington, Corporate Senior Manager of Total Benefits, Elkay Manufacturing
- Steven Schlange, Manager, Retirement and Benefit Plans, Mutual of Omaha
A full list of board members can be found here.
“As employers navigate the changing health care marketplace to find solutions to maintain a healthy workforce, MBGH’s new leadership team will continue to focus on the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead,” said Larry Boress, MBGH president and CEO. “This is an excellent group of benefit leaders that are working together to improve health and health care.”
About the Midwest Business Group on Health
With more than 130 member organizations, the Midwest Business Group on Health is one of the nation’s leading non-profit business groups of large, self-insured public and private employers serving as a source for leading health benefit professionals and a catalyst for community initiatives to improve the quality, safety and cost-effectiveness of the health care delivery system. MBGH is a founding member of the National Business Coalition on Health. Follow on Twitter: @MidwestBGH