Leading employers convene to find critical solutions to be a driving force for change in today’s health care marketplace
CHICAGO – March 12, 2018 – The non-profit Midwest Business Group on Health released its lineup of speakers for the 38th Annual Conference that will offer strategies to help employers use their market predominance to get the highest quality and most-effective care for the billions of dollars spent on benefits. One of the nation’s leading employer-focused conferences, the event will be held May 2-3 at the Mid-America Club in Chicago.
“Employer-based insurance covers almost 56% of the U.S. population, more than Medicare and Medicaid combined and HR and benefits executives face increasing cost and revenue pressures, regulatory requirements and uncertain political agendas,” said Cheryl Larson, MBGH president and CEO. “We’re bringing together innovative employers and nationally-recognized experts to offer strategies around overuse, underuse, inefficiency and waste to help these purchasers improve the value and quality of health care and health benefits.”
The conference will cover important topics for public and private, mid- and large-sized businesses including strategies for:
- Changing the way care is paid for and delivered
- Identifying and eliminating low value care
- Getting serious about delivery system reform, supplier accountability and evidence-based care
- Fixing the broken pharmacy benefit practice
- Using personalized benefits communications focused on beliefs, values and storytelling
Keynote and employer speakers include:
- Cristina Banks, PhD, Director, HealthyWorkplaces, University of California, Berkeley
- Jan Berger, MD, CEO, Health Intelligence Partners and MBGH Medical Director
- Mark Fendrick, MD, Professor, Division of General Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Department of Health Management and Policy & Director, University of Michigan Center for Value-Based Insurance Design
- Darin Hinderman, US Healthcare Manager – Americas North Human Services Division, Caterpillar Inc.
- Amy Katzoff, Benefits Leader, Morningstar
- Wendy Lynch, PhD, Lynch Consulting, & Co-Founder, Get to What Matters, LLC and author of Get to What Matters: Tools to Transform Conversations at Work
- Jason Parrott, Manager of Healthcare Strategy & Policy, The Boeing Company
- Carol Partington, Corporate Senior Manager, Total Benefits, Elkay
- Sherri Samuels-Fuerst, Director – Compensation & Benefits, Sargento Foods
- Tom Sondergeld, Vice President, Global Benefits & Mobility, Walgreens Boots Alliance
Additional details and registration information can be found on MBGH’s website.
The program has been approved for 13.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
About the Midwest Business Group on Health
MBGH is one of the nation’s leading non-profit employer coalitions of 130 mid, large and jumbo self-funded public and private employers, representing over 4 million lives and annually spending over $4.5 billion on health care. Members consist of leading health benefit professionals, with activities focused on education, research, benchmarking and community-based initiatives that increase the value of health benefits and health care services. MBGH is a founding member of the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions. For additional details visit www.mbgh.org and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
# # #
Note to editors: A limited number of passes are available to accredited media upon request.
View Press Release