The Midwest Health Purchasers Collaborative (MHPC) helps employers gain access to preferred rates for a variety of health benefit programs and services including:
The Chicago HMO Buyers Group has helped employers leverage their collective purchasing power to obtain access to preferred rates and services with HMOs, saving employers more than 80 million dollars since 1998.
The PBM Buyers Group offers employers access to a national coalition purchasing group for retail, mail service and specialty drugs.
Benefits of Participation:
- Employers can obtain highly competitive rates, superior services, performance evaluations and performance guarantees from preferred partners
- Employers can network with participating employers and leverage best practices and lessons learned
- Participants have leverage with health plans and PBM's on rates and services
Key features of MHPC Buyers Groups:
- Participating employers maintain control over their own benefit design and plan selections
- The Chicago HMO and Pharmacy Benefits Buyers Groups offer employers free estimates showing the potential savings of participation