Event offers employer benefit strategies and insights to gain supplier accountability and trust, eliminate waste and misuse and ensure access to high-quality, cost effective care
CHICAGO – April 5, 2019 – The nation’s leading employers and health care experts will offer the latest innovation and best practices in health benefits and health care for human resource and benefits professionals at the Midwest Business Group on Health’s 39th Annual Conference. The two-day event is being held May 8-9 at the Mid-America Club in Chicago.
“Employer-based health care coverage costs are rising faster than wage increases and inflation with total cost of care estimated to average almost $15,000 per employee,” said Cheryl Larson, MBGH president and CEO. “These trends are making health care unaffordable and unsustainable for employers who have little ability to influence costs, supplier contracts and the delivery system. Our conference is all about helping employers learn the latest strategies and best practices to build trust and accountability in health care and benefits.”
The nationally-relevant and purchaser-focused health benefits conference features objective, timely and practical information on the latest research, trends and best practices. In addition to Michael Roizen, MD, Chief Wellness Officer for Cleveland Clinic and author of four best-selling books, speakers include:
- Raymond Macknowski, Global Health Benefits Lead, North America, Johnson & Johnson (keynote)
- Jamie Stalker, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Health & Employee Wellness Program, Argonne National Laboratory (keynote)
- Lisa Baunsgard, Manager, Benefits, Compensation and Total Rewards, American Heart Association
- Jan Berger, MD, JD, CEO, Health Intelligence Partners & MBGH Medical Director
- Drenard Bullock, Director, Health & Welfare Benefits, Total Rewards, AbbVie
- John Butler, Manager, Benefit Design, Edward-Elmhurst Health
- Christine Goodwin, Director, Benefits US & Canada, Global Human Resources, Schneider Electric
- Lynn Hanessian, Chief Strategist, Health Practice, Edelman
- Henry Harbin, MD, Health Care Consultant, Former CEO, Magellan Health Services
- Nicole Jourdan, Interim Health & Well-Being Manager, Benefits, Advocate Health Care
- Alex Jung, Managing Director, EY-Parthenon, Ernst & Young LLP
- Andrea Lee, Director, Benefits, Fortune Brands Home & Security
- Sue Lindholm, Director, Benefits, Reynolds Leveraged Services
- Marlene Muglia, Director, Global Benefits, PwC
- Jason Parrott, Senior Manager Global Healthcare & Well Being Strategy, The Boeing Company
- Cheryl Potts, Executive Director, The Kennedy Forum
- Ilyse Schuman, Senior Vice President, Health Policy, American Benefits Council
- Bruce Sherman, MD, Medical Director, National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Tom Sondergeld, Vice President, Global Benefits, HRIS & Mobility, Walgreens Boots Alliance
Additional details and registration information can be found on MBGH’s website.
The program has been approved for 12.75 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
About the Midwest Business Group on Health
MBGH is one of the nation’s leading non-profit employer coalitions of 125 mid, large and jumbo self-funded public and private employers, representing over 4 million lives and annually spending over $4.5 billion on health care. Members consist of leading health benefit professionals, with activities focused on education, research, benchmarking and community-based initiatives that increase the value of health benefits and health care services. MBGH is a founding member of the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions. For additional details visit www.mbgh.org and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
# # #
Note to editors: A limited number of passes are available to accredited media upon request.