Dr. Elisabeth Rosenthal, Editor-in-Chief, Kaiser Health News & Author of An American Sickness is opening keynote
CHICAGO – August 13, 2020 – The Midwest Business Group on Health is hosting its annual conference September 3-4, celebrating 40 years of providing value to health benefits and services for its employer members that improve health and productivity for their employees and families.
The two-day event – Health Benefits Transformation: Employers Unite to Reduce Waste and Improve Outcomes – will now be held virtually. The nation’s leading employers and health care experts will share objective, timely and practical information on the latest research, trends and best practices in health benefits and health care for human resource and benefits professionals.
“Given the substantial health and economic constraints employers are facing these days, it’s even more critical that businesses learn about strategies and practical solutions for affordable and sustainable health care and benefits,” said Cheryl Larson, MBGH president and CEO. “While we will miss convening in person with our members, partners and other stakeholders, we’ll now reach an even broader audience across the country learning from notable thought leaders working to influence costs, supplier contracts and the delivery system.”
In addition to opening keynote Dr. Elisabeth Rosenthal, Editor-in-Chief, Kaiser Health News & Author of An American Sickness,* speakers include:
- Carole Mendoza, Director, Global Health Benefits & Well-being Strategy, IBM
- Francine R. Kaufman, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Sensionics, Inc.
- Hassan Azar, Head of Global Total Rewards, JLL
- Dan Dentzer, Manager, Health & Welfare Benefit Design, United Airlines
- Sue Furlan, Benefits Manager, Signode Industrial Group
- Pam Hannon, Retirement & Healthcare Leader, GE Healthcare; MBGH Vice Chair
- Darin Hinderman, Global Health Strategy Manager, Total Rewards – Human Resources, Caterpillar
- Amy Katzoff, Senior Director, Benefits, HRIS & Mobility, Huron Consulting Group
- Lois Lourie, Vice President, Benefits – Total Rewards, AbbVie, Inc.
- Corey Luecht, Director, HR Benefit Design & Planning, Allstate
- Nicole Martel, Interim Benefits Director, Bon Secours Mercy Health
- Nina McQueen, Vice President, Global Benefits, Mobility & Employee Experience, LinkedIn
- Jason Parrott, Senior Manager Global Healthcare & Well Being Strategy, The Boeing Company, and MBGH Board Chair
- Ginny Peddicord, Director, Global Employee Population Health, Merck
- Liz Rieveley, Vice President, Human Resources, SMS Assist
- Tara Sherman, Well Being Strategy Leader, The Boeing Company
Additional details and registration information can be found here: https://connect.mbgh.org/40ac/home.
The program has been approved for 13 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
MBGH would like to thank its anniversary level sponsors for making this event possible: Hinge Health, OnDuo, Vida Health and Virta Health.
About the Midwest Business Group on Health
MBGH is one of the nation’s leading non-profit employer coalitions of 130 mid, large and jumbo self-funded public and private employers, representing over 4 million lives and annually spending over $12 billion on health care. Members consist of leading health benefit professionals, with activities focused on education, research, benchmarking and community-based initiatives that increase the value of health benefits and health care services. MBGH is a founding member of the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions. For additional details visit www.mbgh.org and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
# # #
Note to editors: Accredited media are invited to participate.
MEDIA CONTACT: Cary Conway,firstname.lastname@example.org, 972.649.4707
*For more information on this speaker please visit www.prhspeakers.com
view press release