Beyond the Pandemic: Employers Uniting to Accelerate Change in Health Care & Benefits focus of May 4-5 event
CHICAGO – April 21, 2022 – Employers continue to be challenged by rising health care premiums and structuring benefits to support a changing workforce. The Midwest Business Group on Health’s annual conference will offer strategies and practical solutions to help employers achieve high-quality care while making progress towards equity, transparency and better health for their employees and families. The event has returned to in person at the JW Marriott Chicago, May 4-5.
“We are so excited to once again host our annual conference in person,” said Cheryl Larson, MBGH president and CEO. “The leading topics and employer stories shared come at a critical time for employers, as they are faced with many new requirements related to price transparency and fiduciary status, while managing the health and wellbeing of a hybrid workforce.”
Keynote speakers are Ford Koles, Vice President, Advisory Board Company – State of the Union: Reshaping Health Care & Benefits While Navigating Disruption, Consolidation & Cost Pressure; and Jan Berger, MD, MJ, Founder & CEO, Health Intelligence Partners, and MBGH Medical Director – Rebuilding Trust to Drive Health Care Value.
Featured employer and purchaser speakers include:
- Abigail Ammerman, Manager, Benefits Programs, HEB Grocery Company
- Amy Bloomquist, Wellness Manager, Land O’Lakes
- Michael Brennan, Senior Manager, Industrial Athlete Program, The Boeing Company
- Dan Dentzer, Manager: Health & Wellness Design, United Airlines
- Karin Flanagan, HR People Manager, Compliance, McDonald’s
- Jean Galovich, Manager, Employee Benefits, Cook County Government
- Pam Hannon, Retirement & Healthcare Leader, GE Healthcare and MBGH Board Chair
- Darin Hinderman, Global Health Strategy Manager, Total Rewards – Human Resources, Caterpillar
- McCain Johnson, Director, Employee Benefits, Allina Health System
- Amy Katzoff, Senior Director, Benefits and Mobility, Huron Consulting
- Sue Letang, Senior Manager, Health & Welfare Plans, US Foods
- Karen Little, Senior Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer, Post Holdings, Inc.
- Wendy McLaurin, Deputy Director of Human Resources, City of Gary, Indiana
- Carole Mendoza, VP of Benefits, Voya Financial
- Carol Partington, Corporate Senior Manager, Total Benefits, Elkay Manufacturing Company
- Lori Rudnicki, Associate Director of Benefits, The Joint Commission
- Sherri Samuels-Fuerst, Vice President, Total Rewards, Sargento Foods
- Tara Sherman, Mental Health & Well Being Strategy Leader, The Boeing Company
- Nancy Stobbe, Wellness Program Manager, Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
- Gary Strehlke, Global Wellbeing Manager, Steelcase
- Lisa Thompson, Director of Benefits, WW Grainger
Additional details and registration information can be found here.
MBGH would like to thank its case study sponsors for making this event possible – Carrum Health, Heron Therapeutics, Hydrogen Health, Progyny, Spring Health and Vida Health, and COVID Safety Partner –Eden Health.
About the Midwest Business Group on Health
Midwest Business Group on Health (MBGH) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit supporting employers seeking solutions to better manage the high cost of health care and the health and productivity of their covered populations. Founded in 1980, MBGH offers members leading educational programs, employer-directed research projects, purchasing opportunities and community-based activities that increase the value of health care services and the health benefits they offer to members. MBGH serves over 145 companies who provide benefits to over 4 million lives, with employer members spending more than $15 billion on health care each year. For additional details visit www.mbgh.org and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
# # #