Coalitions across the country are taking action to support employers as they address the significant issues involved in managing pain in their covered populations. Here is an overview of some key activities.
- Kentuckiana Health Collaborative: Launched a comprehensive toolkit, Opioids in the Workplace, to provide employers with the tools and resources needed to support employees and family members who face challenges related to opioid and substance misuse and disorders.
- Florida Alliance for Healthcare Value: Launched the statewide “Better Pain Management Collaborative” to support employers with strategies to reduce opioid use
- Webinars from May and September 2017 meetings of the Collaborative
- Consumer resource for help educating employees about non-opioid options when having surgery: Plan Against Pain
- HealthCare 21 Business Coalition:
- Washington Health Alliance: Issued a call to action with The Dr. Robert Bree Collaborative in January 2017, urging providers and health plans in Washington state to address the opioid epidemic, starting with opioid prescribing for acute, short-term pain.
- National Business Group on Health
- National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions